Version 4.41 was released on July 24th 2019. The following are the notable changes to the product. For all details, please see our documentation.
This release includes a number of important updates to several OverOps features, including the Alerts and Settings dashboards, ARC screen and APIs.
- Implemented several significant updates to the Settings Dashboard:
- Entry point (transaction) customization feature: To improve the call stack entry point, we’ve added an option to customize the entry points (transactions), enabling you to prioritize and deprioritize entry points in the call stack. To learn more, check out the Entry Point Customization article. Requires upgrades to the Agent, Collector and backend. Changes also apply to the Agent component.
- Importing Groups: The Groups tab now enables admin users to import groups that were already defined for other environments. Note that each import only applies to the current group - i.e, transactions, applications or tiers - and not to all group types in one import. If a group that you import contains values that are already being used in existing group, or if you import an item that has a very long name, these values won't be imported and will be displayed in a notification similar to the one below. See [Settings Dashboard (doc:settings-dashboard#section-importing-groups) for details. Note that after each import, you'll need to apply the changes by selecting Apply. If you move to the next tab and don't save the import, your changes won't be saved.
- Updated the tab Function to Custom because we found that the use of functions is confusing + additional text changes to make the dialog clearer.
- Bug fixes:
- various bugfixes
- ARC Screen: Added an option for SaaS users to opt out of decompilation enhancements: The decompilation enhancements use raw bytecode sent from the Collector to the backend before decompilation. This enhancement is enabled by default for all our SaaS users; however, users who don't want the raw bytecode to be sent to the backend can disable this feature. See Disabling the Raw Bytecode Option for details.
- When creating//editing view alert settings: For every change you make, you'll need to specify all the fields that were previously set - missing fields will be assigned empty values and nullified. See [Fetch Alert settings for a View] (doc.overops.com/reference#get_services-env-id-views-view-id-alerts) for details.
- Added endpoints to support setting / fetching preferred/ignored entrypoints.