- Enable automatic Jira ticket creation for all new events. (See Jira Best Practices: Automate Creation of Jira Issue Alerts)
Install and Configure the UDF
- Download the Jira Integration UDF jar from Github. Direct link to jar as of June 2019: jira-integration-1.2.0.jar
- Create a new view by duplicating All Events or another view that you wish to sync Jira issues for. (See above: Customize Views)
- On the Alert Settings tab, enable "Anomaly via (select function) every (60) minutes.
- Click "select function" and choose "upload…"
- Upload the Jira Integration UDF jar
- Now select the newly listed "Sync Jira" function from the dropdown menu.
- Set the JIRA URL, credentials, and the number of days to sync. New events found within the time frame will be synced. Older events will not be synced.
- Add Jira URL and credentials. These can be the same credentials used for automatic Jira ticket creation.
- Define Jira Issue statuses which correspond to "Resolved" and "Hidden" in OverOps. Issues with these statuses will be updated in OverOps. Events with any other status will be moved to the Inbox in OverOps.
- Apply and save. Now statuses will be periodically synced from Jira to OverOps.
Notes / Limitations
- You must own the environment key in order to upload a UDF for it.
- You require Version 4.43.2 or newer for the UDF to work.
- The UDF is syncing up to 1000 Jira Issues per timeframe specified in UDF