Labels are tools to organize, track and filter events in your production application. OverOps enables grouping events by tagging them with custom labels. You can mark them according to importance, the responsible team member, the area in the code, or any other category that suits your workflow. Once you create a label, your team members can use it to tag events themselves.
To create a new label:
- From the Dashboard > Views Pane, click Labels to open the Labels list.
- From the Labels list, click Add Label.
- In the Create Label dialog box, name the label and click Create.
- When prompted to confirm, click OK.
The new label is added to the list of labels and a new color is assigned to it.
To apply a label to an event:
- From the Dashboard > Event List, click on the Labels filter, and select the labels to add to the event.
- When finished, click Apply.
You can now save the filtered labels as a View.
To remove a label from an event:
- From the Event List, click the and select Manage Labels.
- From the Labels list, un-check the labels to remove from the Event and click Apply.
By default, Labels are hidden from the Event List.
To display Labels filter:
- From the Event List, click + and from the list, check the Labels checkbox.
Like the preset filters in OverOps, labels provide a way to group and sort events. The Views Pane displays all the available labels. From here, events can be viewed per label filters.
Viewing labeled events
To create a View for the filtered labels:
- From the filtered Event List, click Save View.
- From the View Settings tab, configure View settings and click NEXT.
- From the Alert Setting tab, set alerts for this View click Save & Finish.
Deleting a label removes it from all the items to which it is applied.
To delete labels:
- From the Label drop-down menu, click the X next to the label to remove.
- Click Yes, to confirm.