June 22, 2017
- Fixed a potential crash when running alongside New Relic.
June 18, 2017
- Minor bug fixes in the UI.
June 13, 2017
- Introducing Source Attach from the UI - Users can now attach their source code from the error analysis screen with a simple interface.
- Introducing ServiceNow alert integration - new ServiceNow integration in order to set automatic alerts to your ServiceNow.
- JIRA integration enhancement - Admins can now use a single JIRA credentials for all teammates per service.
- Selecting the line-wrap element in the log view does not trigger the context menu.
- Better support for identifying 3rd party log lines in the log view.
June 8, 2017
- Fixed Sample events cannot be opened.
- Improved Micro Agent performance.
June 5, 2017
- Fixed minor tiny links issues.
June 2, 2017
- Introduced Tiny Log Links for Exceptions - enhancing the ability to get to your root cause analysis through exceptions as well as log errors and warning.
- Extract deployment name from packed war.
June 1, 2017
- Fix a bug in the digest alerts.
- Default snapshot optimization in the error analysis screen.
- Graph now zoomable in FireFox.
May 26, 2017
- Better memory handling to avoid jmap issues.
May 23, 2017
- Fixed an issue with J9 support.
May 15, 2017
- Improve Log view instrumentation for Logback.
May 11, 2017
- Fix for an edge case issue regarding Windows and macOS installers.
May 10, 2017
- Add error rate to email alerts
- Improve performance by loading JVM and Log view only upon entry.
- Improve UX when working with multiple keys.
- SAML custom fields support for Shibboleth.
- J9 support for Linux.
April 30, 2017
- Minor improvements.
April 30, 2017
- OverOps upgrade process prevent mistakes when using a different installation key.
April 30, 2017
- Fixed a bug in the Deb/RPM installation process.
April 26, 2017
- Fixed a bug in the Deb/RPM installation process.
April 26, 2017
- Fixed an edge case bug that caused events that could not be analyzed.
April 25, 2017
- Allow selection of used JIRA projects for ticket opening.
- Improved communication to users when a wrong secret key is used during a version upgrade.
April 21, 2017
- Fixed a bug that in certain cases prevented the deployment name to populate correctly in the "Deployments" column in the events list.
April 19, 2017
- Added "First Seen" column to Deployments View.
- Optimized the previous/next snapshot search function in the error analysis screen, making it faster.
- Added support for Elementary OS.
April 12, 2017
- Added a "New Errors" column to the Deployments View.
- Added "introduced by" in the error analysis screen's header to indicate the deployment in which the error was first seen.
- JVM view now shows system load as 3 averages - last 1 minute, last 5 minutes and last 15 minutes.
April 5, 2017
- Fixed an edge-case bug.
April 4, 2017
- Added ability to navigate between snapshots in the error analysis screen.
- Implemented connectivity improvements to the remote Collector process.
March 26, 2017
- Fixed an issue some users had with opening the alerts' settings from the email link.
- Implemented several improvements to our SAML support.
March 23, 2017
- Fixed a minor issue in the exceptions throttling policy.
March 21, 2017
- Remove control characters/white-spaces from micro-agent's name, to prevent duplicate names in the UI.
March 16, 2017
- Introducing Deployment View.
March 13, 2017
- Added "copy link" to the grid's right-click menu.
- Support custom JIRA user picker field.
- Added environment variables and system properties to JVM view.
February 23, 2017
- Fixed an edge-case which affected some events' analysis.
February 22, 2017
- Enhanced agent's resilience in a multi-agent environment.
February 20, 2017
- Allow to open snapshots from the tale graph tooltip in a new tab.
- Enable users to manually share their dashboard with teammate.
- JIRA - support tempo accounts custom field.
- Apply PII redaction to log view and JVM properties in the JVM view.
February 9, 2017
- Introducing the Operational Views feature, designed to give our users a broader picture of the stability and reliability of their applications by seeing the issues and errors impacting their environment at the microservice/server level.
- Redesign for our New Error and Resurfaced email alerts.
- Minor improvements in the statistics mechanism.
January 30, 2016
- Updated design for email alerts.
- Improved support for server/application filter with long lists.
- Support AssertionError.
January 23, 2016
- Support version 1.1.4 and above of Logback.
January 16, 2016
- Upgraded our throttling engine to allow faster and more accurate throttling of snapshots and capturing of metrics.
- Added intrinsic support for ConcurrentHashMap.
- Added intrinsic support for UUID.
- Added GC MXBean info to JVM view.
January 9, 2016
- Fix a minor bug with Log4j2 support.
January 6, 2016
- Fix issue in which thread names were changed to internal code-names.
January 4, 2016
- Introducing the Outgoing Webhook integration, allowing users to fully customize alerts into an HTTP endpoint of choice.
- Added non-recorded fields to the variables table in the error analysis screen.
- Added quick grid-filter by right-click.
- Introducing the JVM View, which shows the internal state of the JVM at the moment of error.
4.2.9 + 4.3.0
December 19, 2016
- Fixed a bug that could cause 'Stack Only' events in the dashboard.
December 14, 2016
- Fixed a rare instrumentation mismatch in classes with method parameter annotation in Java 8.
December 12, 2016
- Introducing "Enterprise Routing" - we've renovated our Dashboard Views, Alerts and Auto-Hide features to significantly strengthen users' ability to filter out noisy information and control the exact channels and rules by which an alert is sent through.
- Removed "pin to graph" from the dashboard's action bar. This action can still be used by the "pin" icon in the series labels (in the chart) or by the right-click dialog in the events list.
- Added support to custom JIRA account type fields.
- Improved support to hash map types.
- Improved performance for OSX.
December 5, 2016
- Added support for relative classpath.
November 29, 2016
- Design improvements in several dialogs.
November 23, 2016
- Added filter by package capabilities to grid and views.
- Added filter by search capabilities to views.
- Added support for all Log4j2 versions.
November 7, 2016
- Minor fix to the Remote Collector Process configuration.
November 2, 2016
- Fixed an edge-case bug regarding the log files.
4.1.8 + 4.1.9
October 20, 2016
- Fixed a bug that affected some users with the HipChat integration.
- Minor bugs and fixes.
October 19, 2016
- Added support for JIRA 6's "cascading combo" field type.
- Fixed support for JIRA issuetypes with spaces in their name.
- Several minor fixes in the Remote Collector Process configuration.
October 18, 2016
- Servers/apps dropdown will now show only machines/agents that were active during the selected timeframe.
- Added top 5 contributors to Slack threshold alerts.
October 10, 2016
- Introducing the "Auto-JIRA" feature, assimilating our JIRA integration into the alerts feature to allow users to automatically create JIRA issues on specific errors.
- Added support for Log4j2 and Async Log4j2 in log view.
October 6, 2016
- Fixed a minor bug that occurred for some Java 7u0 & 7u1 users.
September 28, 2016
- Improved JIRA UI in the issue creation and the settings dialogs.
- Now support HTTP errors and custom events in the log view.
- Prettify Scala class names in graph legend in the error analysis screen.
September 19, 2016
- Added support for more JIRA deployment methods (including on premises).
- Introducing the Remote Collector Process configuration, which allows to further reduce OverOps' CPU and RAM footprints by removing the collector from the production machines.
September 7, 2016
- Introducing the Auto-Hide feature!
- Added a contextual menu for the log view, enabling users to search Google or Stack Overflow, send to Jira and copy to clipboard, upon selection.
- Users can now open event's first snapshot directly from the error analysis screen header.
- Augmented our threshold alert emails with top 5 contributors, to allow a quick overview of the issue at hand.
- Fixed a bug that caused elevated CPU consumption in some edge cases.
August 24, 2016
- Minor fixes.
August 23, 2016
- Added "*" marker to signal unsaved changes in the alerts dialog and in the side-panel views.
- Enabled hotkey support for the dashboard grid.
- Implemented an important optimization to our micro-agent ("In-Demand Code Analysis"), which dramatically reduces the number of bytecode classes that are sent by the agent for analysis (by 70% in average). This yields a significant reduction of CPU usage from the prod machine, as well as cutting down initial code analysis periods by 10X.
August 16, 2016
- Introducing Private/Shared Views!
- Change the color of the text in the variable inspector dialog to make it easier to read.
- Fixed a bug that could cause "holes" in log views with unpredictable garbage-collection behavior.
August 8, 2016
- Added a tooltip for the error analysis trend to convey the exact snapshot time.
- Optimize error analysis screen search to support "heavy" errors.
- Fixed a bug that in some cases caused the error line in the code not to be highlighted.
- Minor design tweaks in the dashboard.
July 29, 2016
- Minor fixes.
July 25, 2016
- Introducing the Error Analysis Trend feature!
- Minor changes in the Slack and HipChat alert notifications.
July 18, 2016
- Increased max message length of "log view" in error analysis screen to 10k characters.
- Significantly reduced log view's memory footprint.
July 6, 2016
- Users can now use back/forward in the browser to navigate between views (in the dashboard).
- The "notes" column in the dashboard will now automatically be turned on for users using this feature.
- Added object IDs for all object entries in the variable table (within the error analysis screen), to allow users to differentiate various object instances in the code.
- Design improvements for several dialogs.
June 30, 2016
- Minor bugs and fixes.
June 27, 2016
- Rethrows will not be shown in the dashboard as a default (may be changed in the advanced settings dialog).
- Improved in-app dialogs for when the log view is unavailable (outdated version, viewing an old error, etc.).
- Added Ctrl/Cmd+F and '/' as search keyboard shortcuts in the dashboard.
- Fixed a bug in which some events didn't have a JIRA label after creating a JIRA ticket.
- Changed the UI for the "log entry point name" in the transaction separator within the log view.
- Introducing a new statistics engine, avoiding redundant processing cycles in the Collector and in OverOps' back-end. This allows for better performance, more accurate stats and less overhead.
June 21, 2016
- Added support for Log4j TRACE level in the error analysis screen's log view.
- Fixed an issue with opening a Jira dialog from the error analysis screen.
- Prevent the last line of the log view to get duplicated on certain occasions.
- Implemented several optimizations to further improve the time between an errors is first detected to when it is fully analyzable.
3.22.1 + 3.22.2
June 16, 2016
- Minor tweaks and fixes in the new log view feature.
- Fixed an issue in the log view mechanism to reduce memory usage.
June 15, 2016
- Introducing Log View in the error analysis screen.
- Users can now save Slack/HipChat/PagerDuty integration keys even when the integration is disabled.
- Implemented metadata caching to enable "Create JIRA issue" dialog to work faster.
- Better Firefox support.
- Header design improvements.
- Fixed a bug that caused some 'log warnings' to be encoded as 'log errors' in Log4j2.
June 3, 2016
- Implemented several optimizations to the agent.
May 31, 2016
- Fixed a bug in the email alerts system.
- Implemented a mechanism designed to help hybrid users to see their source code.
May 29, 2016
- Server and Application filters are now available in the grid as well as the left panel in the dashboard.
May 18, 2016
- Introduced our new and improved alerting feature!
May 8, 2016
- Improved search indexing efficiency in the error analysis screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused in edge cases higher CPU usage by the Collector.
April 24, 2016
- Introducing “Error Analysis Search”, which allows deep-searching within code and variables in the error analysis screen.
- Improved Settings dialog for users of the hybrid version.
- Minor changes in the time columns in the dashboard.
- Fixed minor issue with JIRA integration, that in rare cases caused users not to be able to create tickets from OverOps.
April 12, 2016
- Upgrades Clojure support.
- Added a Heroku tab for Heroku users in the installation wizard.
- Improved mechanism for data retention policy.
- Cache filter data to enhance dashboard speed.
- Fixed minor bugs in filtering and sorting in the dashboard.
- Introduced improvements relevant to Hybrid users.
March 15, 2016
- Introduced a new algorithm that combines errors in the dashboard by entry points, as to simplify error management and enhance root cause detection.
- Fixed minor bug in the variables table (in the error analysis screen).
- Optimization of the JVM-exceptions preset in the dashboard.
- Implemented support for Log4j2 Async Logger.
March 9, 2016
- Minor graph upgrades to increase Dashboard performance.
March 1, 2016
- Added some minor dashboard cache optimizations.
- Fixed minor bugs in the error analysis screen.
- Preset and label order are now fully persistent per user.
February 24, 2016
- Implemented a series of improvements to the display and user interface.
February 18, 2016
- Resolve issue with presets not being saved.
February 17, 2016
- Introduced several dashboard improvements regarding the search mechanism and filter and preset options.
- Improved dashboard loading time.
- Fixed a few minor stability issues.
- Fixed several issues that caused events to appear as “Stack only” in the dashboard.
February 2, 2016
- Fixed a bug that allowed to add the same entry-point multiple times to the graph.
- Optimized fetching of Collectors/JVMs for better dashboard loading times.
January 19, 2016
- Fixed issues that caused events to appear as “Stack only” in the dashboard.
January 11, 2016
- Application infrastructure improvements that enhance performance.
- Fixed dashboard loading redundancy and race condition, by which reducing dashboard loading time.
- Dashboard default time-frames now change dynamically during on-boarding.
- Fixed a bug that caused unconnected agents to leave pending files on the disc (un-deleted).
December 23, 2015
- Fixed JBoss logger formatting issue, that caused irregular logging when adding snapshot URLs to messages with non-standard formatting.
December 23, 2015
- Fixed a bug where the Collector could skip the last batch an agent sent and leave errors with “Stack only” message in the dashboard.
- Alpine Linux now supported! (Alpine-OpenRC/glibc (non-musl))
December 14, 2015
- Feature: “Meet your team” window added to the server installation menu, allowing users to easily communicate with OverOps' support and customer success team.
- Fixed a bug in the daily digest email where some server names were missing.
- Implemented defences to prevent throughput and CPU going over the 3% threshold.
- Fixed a bug that caused pending files to remain open.
December 6, 2015
- Logged warnings are no longer part of alerts emails and digests.
- Implemented a few upgrades to speed up the initial JAR analysis phase.
- Fixed a bug that caused dashboard events to contain limited error information, displaying a “stack only” message.
December 3, 2015
- OverOps is now supported on macOS El Capitan (10.11.0 and above)
- YUM repo fixed.
- Fixed a bug that allowed running multiple Collector instances on the same machine.
November 29, 2015
- Views’ names are no longer case sensitive.
- Miscellaneous preset saving/loading fixes.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the option of deleting packages with long names in 3rd party dialog.
- Fixed wrong line highlighting when the error happens in the ‘for’ line.
- Application pages loading speed accelerated by redirecting to https immediately.
- 3rd party settings changed so that only account admins will be able to edit it.
- Fixed a bug in Windows that caused files to remain open and inaccessible to the Collector, causing “Stack only” events in the OverOps dashboard.
November 29, 2015
- Fixed a bug in the Collector that caused error analyses data loss, which in turn created “stack only” events in the dashboard.
November 26, 2015
- Fixed a bug in StatsD dialog on Firefox that caused the dialog to show a “connection failed” message when settings were successfully saved.
- Added agent name to history dropdown tooltip.
- Fixed memory fragmentation issues that caused elevated RAM consumption in machines running multiple JVMs.
3.18.8 – Major release
November 24, 2015
- Installation wizard re-designed to make the installation process more user-friendly.
- Docker is officially out of beta.
- Fixed several bugs in graph presets and loading.
- Alert settings dialog loading speed optimized.
- Adding a team member from an analysis screen now refreshes the labels list.
- Tooltip added for errors happening more than 1K times with exact number of occurences.
- Fixed rounding in the grid for numbers smaller than 1,000 to have only 2 digits after the decimal point.
- Fixed bug that caused 3rd party frames to appear split between groups when synthetic methods are in the stack.
- Email alerts and digests now differentiate between logged errors and logged warnings.
- Added the identifier “company” to the default security settings.
- Geb (Groovy test harness) added to the known 3rd party libraries for which information isn’t collected.
- New 3rd party dialog added, allowing users to customize the libraries OverOps ignores.
- Fixed “logged error” mislabeled as “logged warning” in emails.
- “Advanced settings” button removed from installation dialog. Advanced settings is now accessible via the settings menu.
- New 3rd party customization implemented.
November 20, 2015
- Fixed a bug that caused higher CPU in several edge cases.
- Added Groovy closure generated classes to ignore list (“…$_run_closureN…”).
November 15, 2015
- Added JRuby JIT generated classes to ignore list (“rubyjit$…”)
- Fixed an issue that caused macOS Collector startup slowness.
November 9, 2015
- Fixed a race condition in the OverOps service that could cause the Collector to stop responding in the presence of many short-lived JVMs.
November 4, 2015
- New account creation screen deployed.
- Fixed an issue causing the “related events” dropdown to have a “3rd party code” artifact.
- Error analysis screen – Tooltip added on highlighted analysis lines, adding more info on the marked line.
- “Reset view” now resets the sorting.
- Fixed a bug that caused residue process reports to appear in JVMs dialog when switching secret keys.
- Fixed a bug in the JVMs dialog that caused scrolling to stop prematurely at times.
- Added fallback to installer for cases in which “which” doesn’t exist.
- Added support for protocol version 5 of the SDK.
November 2, 2015
- Fixed Collector deadlock that caused memory leaks in scenarios where multiple JVMs were run simultaneously.
- Added RPM GPG signatures.
November 2, 2015:
- Fixed a bug that caused the Collector to stop responding in edge cases (SQLite library loading bug in the presence of permission issues/SELinux).
- Fixed a permissions bug that caused macOS to not write agent logs.
- OverOps for Containers RPM/DEB repos are now live with the latest version.
November 1, 2015
- New Feature! OverOps Views. Users can now save and load filter presets, and share them with teammates.
- Active snapshot now highlighted in the history dropdown of the error analysis screen.
- Fixed execute permissions of StatsD scripts in Linux build.
- Fixed StatsD-PagerDuty integration.
October 19, 2015
- OverOps now takes Rich snapshots for errors, with much more information and variable values than ever before.
- A brand new tool to display complex strings within the error analysis screen (json/xml).
- Email settings redesign changes: emails for resurfaced errors now automatically sent.
- Removed basic email settings and category email rule.
- Catch lines will no longer be marked if they appear above the event location.
- Fixed a hidden tooltip bug for items with checked children elements.
- Fix an issue that caused long PIDs to be truncated in the JVMs screen.
- Assignee field automatically added to JIRA issue creation when available.
- Fixed a bug that caused partial and empty stack traces in some preview emails.
- Major stability/performance improvements:
- Better support for cases with hundreds of JVMs launched and killed simultaniously.
- Better cleanup for hit data files.
- Added Groovy auto-generated classes to ban-list (‘ScriptNNN’).
October 7, 2015:
- Monitored servers dialog redesigned to make searching and filtering monitored servers and JVMs easier.
- JVM monitoring status now displayed upon initial testing in the installation wizard.
- The current tab is now part of the preset and is remembered on page refresh.
- Various resilience tweaks to dashboard graphs.
September 29, 2015
- Implemented Collector diagnostics for the On-premise storage solution.
- HipChat integration added.
- Fixed issue that prevented adding teammates with very similar names.
September 16, 2015
- HipChat integration (Beta).
- Logged warnings no longer get sent to Slack/HipChat.
- Grid selection bar: “Select all” now select all visible items, regardless of them being related to other errors.
- Changed average metric protocol to send totals and weights instead of averages and weights.
September 8, 2015
- Added the option of disabling the deafult “Current view” and “Currnet selection” graphs in the dashboard.
- Information tooltips in error analysis screen redesigned.
- Changed “calls into method” to “calls into error location”.
- Fixed an issue that caused “Select all” button to deselect several grid items in some cases.
- Tooltips added to “Add to graph” Individual / Aggregate buttons.
- Fixed a bug that caused some tiny url to display an endless “processing” message.
September 4, 2015
- Major improvements and tweaks in agent’s performance:
– Disk space required to run OverOps significantly reduced.
– Added major restrictions on CPU consumption.
- Fixed a bug that caused dropdowns to snap to the side while the window gets resized.
- Clicking a graph legend item selects its corresponding items in the grid.
- Fixed a bug that caused flickering when enabling/disabling series.
- “Add teammates” dialog design tweaks.
- StatsD dialog series tooltips are now consistent with graph legend tooltips.
- Aligned ‘share’ column sort icon with the column’s contents.
- Added special icon to logged warning events.
- Fixed an endless var-table scroll bug in Firefox.
- All checkbox dropdowns have been redesigned.
- Logged warnings will stop being sent first error ever emails or digests in basic email settings.
August 31, 2015
- Added time-zone to error screen first-seen field tooltip.
- Fixed a bug that caused the graph legend’s “x” to appear too close to the text.
- Number of events is no longer displayed in “current view”/”current selection” when they are disabled.
- Fixed a StatsD dialog resizing issue.
- Added instructions for naming servers and JVMs in the error analysis header.
- “Add teammates” dialog redesigned.
- Added an error message to the date-picker when an illegal time-frame is selected.
- Fixed bug that caused the full internal name of classes to appear in the filters bar.
August 30, 2015
- Moved general grid selector checkbox into grid header.
- ‘Clear filters’ now clears machines/agents as well.
- Fixed a bug that caused the user to have the ability to add more than 10 series to the graph if some were zeroes.
- Fixed Slack dialog toggle button alignment.
- Implemented ‘calls into entry point’ graph option for up-to-date services (OverOps installation version 3.16.2).
August 26, 2015
- OverOps Trends feature is out of Beta.
- OverOps DevOps integration added!
- Aggregated common grid actions (resolve, hide, mark as un/read) into a single dropdown.
- Fixed a bug that caused unnecessary grid reloading.
- Fixed a bug in the email settings dialog that showed ‘daily digests’ as always checked.
- Logged errors and warnings are now differentiated in first-hit emails and Slack.
- Sharing errors with teammates now adds their name as a label.
- Machines/JVMs are no longer part of published StatsD rules.
- Fixed var-table alignment issue in Firefox.
- Agent support for OverOps DevOps integration added.
August 11, 2015
- Added date/time picker for selecting custom timeframes in graph/grid.
- Loading bar added when statistics are being collected.
- ‘Add to graph’ no longer clears the selection.
- Selecting a specific error in the error filter adds broad type selection.
- Fixed wrapping bug in error history dropdown when server/JVM name is too long.
- Fixed a bug that caused OverOps to skip exceptions that are both thrown and ‘caught’ by 3rd party code, because the catch is a finally block.
August 4, 2015
- Added support for Logged Warning. OverOps now fully supports Log errors and Log warnings, and captures metrics, stack and variable data for both.
July 29, 2015
- New Error Trends feature version released (Beta).
- Tweaked filter tooltips in graph legend.
- Implemented rich tooltips and new hover behavior in graph.
- Allow zoom into graph up to a 3-minute-wide timespan.
- Added ‘current view’ as the default graph (with a 2-second timeout).
- Better graph resizing and minimum-height behavior, to allow smooth transitions between open/closed states.
- Lambdaworks, Kamon, Mule added to the known 3rd party libraries for which information isn’t collected.
July 20, 2015
- Line number identificaion improved.
- Fixed a bug that can cause exception stats to mistakenly be associated with logged errors.
- ‘bugtale_service.log’ is no longer created if the -l command line argument is used.
July 11, 2015
- Settings dropdown menu has been redesigned with better notifications for new versions.
- Added time frame indication to errors, invocations and fail rate column tooltips.
- Fixed code panel + var table alignment issues with very long identifiers.
- Fixed a bug that caused application of multiple labels to take some time to update.
- Application of labels and read/unread state now acts on related errors as well.
- Added icon for the “Security” menu item in retina displays.
- We now add labels to requests when the user opens JIRA tickets for them.
- Scala prettification in the JIRA dialog.
- Made column header tooltips show the full string in case the column is too narrow
July 7, 2015
- Early Access to the new Error Trends feature enabled – Alpha version deployed.
- Design changes – Filters are now an integral part of the grid.
- Improved support for top action bar on smaller displays.
- Fixed a bug that caused line offsets in some cases.
- Fixed a bug in the attached source code scanner that failed to pick up attached sources for classes not originating in JAR files.
- Bootstrap connection testing now inherently covers S3 connectivity.
June 24, 2015
- Added filtering by location package in email settings.
- Dagger added to the known 3rd party libraries for which information isn’t collected.
- Error analysis screen redesigned.
- Proxy settings are now saved automatically per installation key.
- Fixed var table prettification of Scala objects in non-attached-source mode.
- Added support for process reporting in Docker containers.
- Fixed a bug that caused in-filter testing to act on ex-filters.