PagerDuty is an Operations Platform for IT, providing alerting, on-call scheduling, escalation policies and incident tracking. One great feature is its ability to integrate with a wide range of other tools in your environment, including OverOps. The integration between OverOps and PagerDuty is simple to set up.
When set up, the integration enables you to see all your errors from OverOps in the PagerDuty service of your choosing.
An error from OverOps in PagerDuty
In the service you designate, you will see every new error from your app. The type of error, name, and environment will all be listed, as well as a link to the error analysis in OverOps. The message also shows you the call stack, and the server and JVM (if you’ve named them) that the error occurred in. Clicking on an error’s name will open up the error analysis screen in OverOps, allowing you to view the exact variable values at the moment of error, and further investigate it.
The integration is easy to set up, just follow these easy steps:
- Click on the "Configuration" dropdown in the main menu, and then on "Services".
- In the "Services" page, click on the green "Add New Service" button in the upper right corner.
- Next, under "Integration Type" choose "Generic API". Name you service and click "Add Service".
- Now you are given an integration key. Copy this and go to OverOps.
- In OverOps, go to your settings dropdown, then choose "Alert Settings".
- Within the Alerts dialog, go to "Alerts to" and in the PagerDuty section paste your integration key.
- OverOps will automatically check if the integration was successful.