Hipchat is a tool for team collaboration and messaging by Atlassian. It provides integration with a wide range of other tools in your environment, including OverOps. If you’re using Slack for team collaboration, click here to integrate OverOps and Slack.
When enabled, the integration displays all events from OverOps in the selected HipChat room.
Event from OverOps in HipChat
Every new event from your application is displayed in the designated room. The event type, name, and environment are listed, as well as a link to the OverOps ARC screen. The message includes the call HipChat, the server and JVM (if named) in which the event occurred. Click on the event to open its ARC screen, displaying the exact variable values at the moment of event, and investigate it further.
OverOps can be added to any existing HipChat room, or you can create a new room for the event updates.
To set up the integration:
- In your HipChat account, in the upper left corner, click Integrations.
From the upper-right panel, click and select Integrations.
- In the Integration screen, click Build you own integration.
- Choose the room in which you want the integration to work. You can choose an existing room or create a new one.
- Name the integration and click Create.
- Copy the Token generated in the previous step (see highlighted):
To integrate OverOps with HipChat:
- From the OverOps Dashboard, click Settings and select Alerts.
From the Alerts dialog box, choose Key Settings tab and then select HipChat.
- Enter the HipChat room name into which integrate OverOps.
Note: This must be the same room for which you created the token.
- From the Alerts Settings, paste the Token from HipChat under Token and click Save Changes.
OverOps automatically verifies that the integration was successful.
OverOps sends every new event to the selected HipChat room.
To turn the integration off for a specific View:
- From the Views pane, hover over the relevant View and click
- Select Edit View.
- From the Alerts Settings toggle the switch next to HipChat, to Off.
Alerts are no longer sent to the configured HipChat room for this View.