For a tool to be most effective, it must integrate with your existing ecosystem. Given JIRA's widespread use, OverOps integrates with Atlassian’s JIRA to allow users to open and manage their tickets and issues straight from OverOps.
To connect OverOps to your JIRA account:
1. Select any error in your OverOps dashboard by checking the box next to it.
2. Click on the “Send to JIRA” button located between your graph and your dashboard:
3. A JIRA settings screen will appear. Enter your details, toggle the Off/On button to the On position, and then click “Save”. Note: You’ll only need to add these details once.
Running JIRA on-premise? Please make sure you whitelist the following IP addresses and you’re good to go: 22.214.171.124 & 126.96.36.199
Once you’ve setup the integration, you can open JIRA issues for a specific exception or a group of exceptions.
1. From the dashboard: Select the errors you’d like to open an issue for, by checking the box next to it. Click on Create JIRA issue:
2. From the error screen: Click on the “Send to JIRA” button in your information and actions menu:
3. A screen with the error’s details will appear. You can edit it before opening a JIRA issue. Once you’re done, click on “Create issue”. This will create a JIRA issue that links to your error within OverOps:
4. Your error will appear in your JIRA dashboard, linking you right to the error analysis screen within OverOps:
OverOps allows you to create JIRA issues automatically, by setting up view-based rules (similar to the alerts feature).
- In the alerts settings dialog, configure the JIRA issue field values.
- Choose which views, and under which configuration, you want JIRA issues to be created for.