OverOps integrates with Atlassian's Jira tool to allow opening and managing issues directly from the OverOps web application, and enhancing efficiency by incorporating OverOps into existing ecosystems.
To connect OverOps to your Jira account:
- From the OverOps dashboard, click Settings and select Jira.
The Jira Settings dialog box opens.
- Turn Jira On.
- Enter Jira host and your Jira credentials, and then click Save.
OverOps saves these details.
Note: If you are running Jira on-premises, verify that the on-premises Jira server is accessible to the: 126.96.36.199:8080 and 188.8.131.52:8080 IP addresses.
Once you’ve setup the integration, Jira issues can be opened for specific, or a group of exceptions.
There are a number ways to open Jira issues from OverOps.
To open Jira issues from OverOps:
- From the dashboard, right-click the event and select Send to Jira:
Hover over the event for the Event toolbar. From the Event toolbar, click for more options, and select Send to Jira:
Click on the event and from the Error Analysis page, click Send to Jira:
The event details window opens.
OverOps provides a default title and description of the event.
- Select the project to which to add the issue and set the issue type.
- Edit event details if necessary and click Create Issue.
A Jira issue is created linked to the event in OverOps:
Note: For admin users only.
Disabling Access to Jira projects form OverOps
OverOps enables admin users to disable access to certain projects.
To set disable access to Jira projects from OverOps:
- From the Dashboard, click Settings and from the list, select Jira.
The Jira Settings dialog box opens:
- From Available Projects, click Load Projects.
- From the drop-down list, uncheck the Jira projects to which to disable access from OverOps and click Apply. By default, all projects are available to send issues to.
Changing Jira Deployment form OverOps
By default, OverOps searches for the Jira host via the OverOps cloud.
To change Jira deployment:
- From the Jira Settings dialog box, click View advanced settings:
- From Deployment Settings, select Self-hosted Jira, to connect via the Collector to the Jira on-premises.
Set Global Jira Credentials
OverOps enables admin users to set global credentials for all its members.
To set global Jira credentials:
- From the Jira Settings dialog box, check the Use same Jira credentials for all teammates checkbox.
- To retrieve the global Jira credentials from the takipi.properties file located on the Collector machine, check the Read credentials from the collector's properties file check box.
OverOps allows you to create Jira issues automatically, with View-based rules (as in Alerts feature).
- From the Alerts Settings dialog box, select Default Settings and click the Jira tab.
- Click Configure and set the Jira issue parameters:
- When finished click Save Settings.
- Select View Settings and choose the Views and conditions for which to create Jira issues.
- When finished, click Save Changes.
Events will now be sent to Jira for the configured Views automatically.