ServiceNow is a software platform that supports IT service management and automates common business processes. One great feature is its ability to integrate with a wide range of other tools in your environment, including OverOps. The integration between OverOps and ServiceNow is simple to set up.
When set up, the integration enables you to see all your errors from OverOps in the ServiceNow table of your choosing.
An error from OverOps in ServiceNow
In the table you designate, you will see every new error from your application. The type of error, name, and environment will all be listed, as well as a link to the error analysis in OverOps. The message also shows you the call stack, and the server, JVM and deployment (if you’ve named them) that the error occurred in. Clicking on an error’s name will open up the error analysis screen in OverOps, allowing you to view the exact variable values at the moment of error, and further investigate it.
The integration is easy to set up.
- Go to your ServiceNow account and copy your instance’s URL.
- In OverOps, go to your alerts settings dialog (in the settings dropdown), then choose “ServiceNow” under the "Default Settings" tab.
- Paste the URL from ServiceNow into the ServiceNow integration window within OverOps.
- Fill in your username and password.
- Select the relevant table (you will be shown only table the user has permissions to)
- Click Save, and you’re done.
- OverOps will start sending on every triggered alert to your selected ServiceNow table.
If you wish to turn off the integration after you’ve added it, go the ServiceNow Integration window in OverOps and tick the slider from On to Off.